"A classic is a book which people praise and don't read."
—Mark Twain (1835-1910) [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] American author, humorist
- Ukraine agrees to 'permanent truce' Wed, 03 Sep 2014 08:41:35 GMT
- Ukraine's President Poroshenko says he has agreed with Russian President Putin on a "permanent ceasefire" in the war-torn east of the country.
- Sotloff beheading video 'authentic' Wed, 03 Sep 2014 08:54:26 GMT
- A video showing the beheading of American journalist Steven Sotloff by Islamic State militants is authentic, the US confirms.
- 'Humiliated' Indian girl found dead Wed, 03 Sep 2014 07:52:33 GMT
- A teenage Indian girl who was allegedly humiliated by village elders for protesting against her father's harassment is found dead near a railway track in West Bengal state.
- Australia asylum seeker 'brain-dead' Wed, 03 Sep 2014 08:01:15 GMT
- An Iranian man seeking asylum in Australia has been declared brain dead after an infected cut led to septicaemia, a refugee activist says.
- DNA overturns 30-year US convictions Tue, 02 Sep 2014 22:56:35 GMT
- Two US men who spent three decades in prison for rape and murder, one on death row, are released after new DNA evidence proves their innocence.
- Corruption 'costs millions of lives' Tue, 02 Sep 2014 23:58:03 GMT
- About $1tn a year is being taken out of poor countries and millions of lives are lost because of corruption, the One campaign group says.
- Celebrity leaks 'no breach' - Apple Tue, 02 Sep 2014 19:49:12 GMT
- The leaking of intimate photos of celebrities from iCloud accounts was due to a theft of log-in information, not a security breach, says Apple.
- Ashya's parents freed from prison Wed, 03 Sep 2014 08:29:45 GMT
- The parents of Ashya King are released from prison in Spain after UK prosecutors withdrew a European arrest warrant.
- Fukushima workers sue over pay Wed, 03 Sep 2014 02:58:38 GMT
- A group of workers decommissioning the crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant sue its operator Tepco over unpaid hazard wages.
- Calais mayor threatens to block port Wed, 03 Sep 2014 04:16:37 GMT
- The mayor of the French city of Calais threatens to block the port unless Britain does more to control the rising number of illegal migrants.
- Gary Barlow 'settling tax affairs' Tue, 02 Sep 2014 22:36:02 GMT
- Singer Gary Barlow has said he is working with new accountants following controversy over his tax dealings.
- Economics 'driving language loss' Tue, 02 Sep 2014 23:58:20 GMT
- A thriving economy can lead to the extinction of some languages, scientists believe.
- VIDEO: Beslan school siege: Ten years on Tue, 02 Sep 2014 23:12:10 GMT
- Ten years after the end of the deadly siege of a school in Beslan, North Ossetia, BBC Russian's Olga Ivshina spoke to some of those who were there.
- VIDEO: Modi's first 100 days in power Wed, 03 Sep 2014 03:18:12 GMT
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has completed his first 100 days as leader of the country.
- VIDEO: Apple: Celebrity accounts hacked Tue, 02 Sep 2014 21:58:14 GMT
- The FBI are investigating allegations that the online accounts of dozens of celebrities have been hacked, allowing explicit photos to be posted on the internet.
Toddler Story Time
Children's Room ,
September 3, 2014
Pre School Story time
Vail Public Library,
September 3, 2014
Vail Public Library's Community Room ,
September 6, 2014
Homestake at Vail HOA
Vail Public Library's Community Room,
September 7, 2014
Monday Matinee - Up
Vail Public Library Community Room,
September 8, 2014