"[Book dedication:] To myself, without whose inspired and tireless efforts this book would not have been possible."
- Afghan contenders sign unity deal Sun, 21 Sep 2014 14:25:18 GMT
- A deal to form a unity government in Afghanistan has been signed at a televised ceremony in Kabul, ending months of political wrangling.
- Yemen PM 'quits' amid rebel clashes Sun, 21 Sep 2014 14:37:01 GMT
- The Yemeni prime minister resigns amid escalating clashes between Shia rebels and pro-government forces , TV and government official say.
- Global protests over climate change Sun, 21 Sep 2014 13:44:45 GMT
- Protests to demand urgent action on climate change kick off, with over 2,000 marches taking place around the world.
- Pope celebrates Mass in Albania Sun, 21 Sep 2014 11:51:50 GMT
- Tens of thousands of people are attending a mass by Pope Francis in Tirana, as the pontiff hails religious coexistence in Albania.
- Kenya marks Westgate mall attack Sun, 21 Sep 2014 12:32:34 GMT
- Kenya is marking a year since the attack by Islamist militants on Nairobi's Westgate shopping centre, in which at least 67 people were killed.
- Turkish troops clear border Kurds Sun, 21 Sep 2014 11:42:46 GMT
- Turkish troops fire water cannon and tear gas at crowds which had gathered at the border in support of Syrian Kurdish refugees.
- UK hostage's wife in appeal to IS Sun, 21 Sep 2014 10:08:30 GMT
- The wife of a British taxi driver being held hostage by Islamic State appeals to the militants to "see it in their hearts" to release him.
- US calls for EU to 'boost' economy Sun, 21 Sep 2014 14:23:03 GMT
- The US Treasury Secretary urges eurozone countries to "boost demand" in order to reduce unemployment and avoid deflation.
- Deadly bomb blast in central Cairo Sun, 21 Sep 2014 09:43:17 GMT
- A bomb explosion near the Egyptian foreign ministry in Cairo kills at least two police officers, security officials say.
- Deadly Egypt military aircraft crash Sun, 21 Sep 2014 13:05:05 GMT
- A military aircraft has crashed in Egypt, killing six crew, state TV reports.
- More celeb 'naked pictures' leaked Sun, 21 Sep 2014 10:06:39 GMT
- Kim Kardashian, Mary-Kate Olsen and Vanessa Hudgens seem to be some of the latest victims.
- Nato: Ukraine truce 'in name only' Sun, 21 Sep 2014 01:12:52 GMT
- A two-week-old ceasefire between Ukraine and pro-Russia separatists in the east is a truce "in name only", says Nato top commander Philip Breedlove.
- Miliband: 'No ifs' on Scots pledge Sun, 21 Sep 2014 14:19:57 GMT
- Ed Miliband says a pledge of further devolution to Scotland will be fulfilled "no ifs, no buts" amid a row with David Cameron over how to implement it.
- VIDEO: Jude Law: "DRC gone off the radar" Sun, 21 Sep 2014 12:19:43 GMT
- During a trip to the troubled region of Eastern DRC, British actor Jude Law called for more international attention to be given to the country.
- VIDEO: Prohibition plans for Kerala Sun, 21 Sep 2014 06:42:32 GMT
- The southern Indian state of Kerala has said it will ban the sale and consumption of alcohol to tackle the problem of excessive drinking.