"Don't join the book burners. Do not think you are going to conceal thoughts by concealing evidence that they ever existed."
—Dwight David Eisenhower (1890-1969) 34th US President, Republican
- In Minnesota, Abandoned Wheelchairs Are Just Part Of The Landscape Fri, 24 Oct 2014 12:09:00 -0400
- If you live in Rochester, Minn., you'll get used to seeing wheelchairs left in odd places. The city is home to the Mayo Clinic, after all. But some of those wheelchairs venture far afield indeed.
- Curiosity: It Helps Us Learn, But Why? Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:53:15 -0400
- New research suggests that curiosity triggers chemical changes in the brain that help us better understand and retain information.
- Halloween High Jinks For Fun And Nonprofits Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:11:00 -0400
- Many Americans are not scared to reuse old clothes for new Halloween costumes.
- Dallas Nurse Nina Pham, Now 'Ebola Free,' Discharged By NIH Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:04:00 -0400
- The National Institutes of Health in Maryland announced that the 26-year-old who was infected while caring for a Liberian patient has no detectable virus in her blood.
- VIDEO: Talking While Female Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:03:00 -0400
- For starters: Your voice is too squeaky, too loud; it lacks authority, is grating or obnoxious or unprofessional. Why is talking while female such an offense?
- A Black Cosmetic Company Sells, Or Sells Out? Fri, 24 Oct 2014 06:48:00 -0400
- Carol's Daughter was started to sell products for black women who wear their hair natural. But ever since L'Oréal bought the brand, folks are wondering if it can maintain the loyalty of its customers.
- Man With Hatchet Shot Dead After Attacking NYPD Officers Fri, 24 Oct 2014 06:47:00 -0400
- The attacker charged a group of patrol officers in Queens, wounding two of them. A bystander was hit by a stray police bullet as police engaged the assailant.
- Journalist And Political Aide Frank Mankiewicz Dies At 90 Fri, 24 Oct 2014 04:53:45 -0400
- Frank Mankiewicz, press secretary to Robert Kennedy and presidential campaign manager for George McGovern, died Thursday night in Washington, D.C. The journalist and former president of NPR was 90.
- Giants Fans Prepare For World Series To Hit City By The Bay Fri, 24 Oct 2014 04:53:45 -0400
- The World Series resumes Friday the first in San Francisco. The Giants have won two rings in five years — 2010 and 2012 — and they're working on a third.
- Courting Republicans, Georgia Democrat Tries To Keep His Seat Fri, 24 Oct 2014 04:53:00 -0400
- As the last white Democrat in Congress from the Deep South, Rep. John Barrow is a perennial target. So far, he's managed to stay in office by portraying himself as an independent voice.
- Blue State With Independent Twist: Maine's 3-Way Race For Governor Fri, 24 Oct 2014 04:53:00 -0400
- Maine's Tea Party-backed Gov. Paul LePage won office four years ago when an independent candidate and a Democrat divided the remaining vote. That strong division is shaping up again.
- With Biden By His Side, Minnesota Democrat Mines For Blue-Collar Vote Fri, 24 Oct 2014 04:53:00 -0400
- Embattled Democrat Rep. Rick Nolan, who represents Minnesota's Iron Range, gets a campaign visit from the administration's blue-collar vote whisperer, Joe Biden.
- Doctor With Ebola In Isolation At New York Hospital Fri, 24 Oct 2014 04:53:00 -0400
- A physician who had returned to New York from Guinea, where he treated Ebola patients, has tested positive for the virus. David Greene speaks with NPR's Richard Harris about the case.
- With Ferguson Protests, 20-Somethings Become First-Time Activists Fri, 24 Oct 2014 04:53:00 -0400
- Near Ferguson, Mo., young people are taking the lead in protesting police brutality. Many say they had never considered activism before, but saw Michael Brown's shooting death as a call to action.
- Tobacco Farmers Lose Longtime Safety Net Fri, 24 Oct 2014 04:53:00 -0400
- The last tobacco subsidy payments go to tobacco farmers at the end of this month. The government program was intended to help growers transition out of a Depression-era tobacco-price-fixing system.
Ski and Snowboard Club Vail
Vail Public Library's Community Room ,
October 25, 2014
Build a Scarecrow
October 26, 2014
October 27, 2014
Baby Story time
Vail Public Library,
October 28, 2014
Pre School Story time
Vail Public Library,
October 28, 2014