"It is books that are a key to the wide world; if you can't do anything else, read all that you can."
- Morgan replaces Vunipola for England Fri, 07 Mar 2014 10:17:03 GMT
- How to move a town two miles east Thu, 06 Mar 2014 01:26:46 GMT
- A 20-year project to move a town in Lapland two miles from its current location in the Arctic Circle is about to begin.
- When does a lost dog become the finder's property? Thu, 06 Mar 2014 11:41:10 GMT
- A family in California spent a week looking for their lost dog, only to find it had been adopted by someone else. What legal rights do US dog owners have?
- Nigerian men lashed for gay acts Thu, 06 Mar 2014 21:43:14 GMT
- Four Nigerian men receive 20 lashes each after an Islamic court in the northern city of Bauchi convicts them of gay sex, officials say.
- Birmingham City owner Yeung jailed Fri, 07 Mar 2014 10:37:07 GMT
- Birmingham City owner Carson Yeung is jailed for six years by a Hong Kong court for money laundering.
- Europol warning over wi-fi hotspots Fri, 07 Mar 2014 03:11:31 GMT
- People should not send sensitive information over public wi-fi hotspots, as data theft by hackers is rising, Europol warns.
- Cuba agrees to open talks with EU Thu, 06 Mar 2014 18:31:53 GMT
- Cuba accepts an EU invitation to launch negotiations aimed at restoring full bilateral relations with the European bloc.
- Niger extradites Gaddafi's son Thu, 06 Mar 2014 11:30:42 GMT
- The Libyan government says former leader Col Muammar Gaddafi's son, Saadi, has been extradited from Niger and is now in custody in Tripoli.
- US Army prosecutor accused of grope Fri, 07 Mar 2014 01:10:24 GMT
- A top prosecutor of sexual assault cases in the US Army has been accused of groping a female colleague, military officials say.
- Lawrence 'wants Met heads to roll' Fri, 07 Mar 2014 11:53:16 GMT
- The mother of murdered Stephen Lawrence wants officers accused of wrongdoing to be "routed out" and face criminal charges, her lawyer says.
- Apology over level crossing deaths Fri, 07 Mar 2014 10:20:55 GMT
- Network Rail offers a "full and unreserved apology" to families bereaved by level crossing accidents, as MPs criticise its handling of deaths in the past.
- Lawyers stage second cuts walkout Fri, 07 Mar 2014 11:15:40 GMT
- Thousands of lawyers opposed to legal aid cuts in England and Wales are staging their second walkout this year.
- Currency union refusal 'is final' Fri, 07 Mar 2014 11:22:17 GMT
- The cross-party decision to rule out a monetary union if Scotland became independent is final, the chief secretary to the Treasury will say.
- Day in pictures: 6 March 2014 Thu, 06 Mar 2014 15:18:57 GMT
- 24 hours of news photos: 6 March
- In pictures: Venezuela remembers Chavez Thu, 06 Mar 2014 14:24:55 GMT
- First anniversary of President Chavez's death