"A good book has no ending."
—R. D. Cumming
- VIDEO: Intel's new dual-screen laptop Thu, 18 Sep 2014 02:20:36 GMT
- Intel says it has several manufacturers building new computers based on the novel dual-screen laptop concept it has just unveiled.
- VIDEO: China’s online shopping revolution Wed, 17 Sep 2014 23:52:53 GMT
- The Chinese internet giant Alibaba is set to raise billions on the US stock exchange and is expected to be one of the biggest share offerings in history.
- VIDEO: National Gallery in the picture Wed, 17 Sep 2014 23:04:01 GMT
- US filmmaker Frederick Wiseman talks to Tom Brooks about his documentary on the National Gallery
- VIDEO: 'I volunteered for trial Ebola vaccine' Wed, 17 Sep 2014 16:16:18 GMT
- The first healthy UK volunteer has received a candidate Ebola vaccine in Oxford on Wednesday in a safety trial carried out by the University of Oxford.
- Slippery banana study wins Ig Nobel Fri, 19 Sep 2014 01:48:00 GMT
- Research that investigated why bananas are slippery when you step on them wins one of this year's Ig Nobel prizes.
- 'Artificial eye' to detect particles Fri, 19 Sep 2014 00:12:25 GMT
- The human eye has inspired physicists to create a processor that can analyse particle collisions 400 times faster than currently possible.
- Pound surges in Asia on referendum Fri, 19 Sep 2014 05:35:48 GMT
- Sterling hits a two-year high against the euro and a two-week high against the US dollar in Asian trade, as Scotland rejects independence.
- VIDEO: BBC World News business headlines Thu, 18 Sep 2014 17:34:51 GMT
- The latest international business headlines from BBC World News.
- Users frustrated by Apple iOS update Thu, 18 Sep 2014 15:27:51 GMT
- Apple iPhone and iPad users take to social media to express their frustration over installing the company's latest software update.
- US military contractors hit by hacks Thu, 18 Sep 2014 12:54:50 GMT
- A US Senate report suggests hackers associated with the Chinese government broke into computers of airlines and ships.
- Country musician Hamilton dies at 77 Thu, 18 Sep 2014 09:38:47 GMT
- Country music star George Hamilton IV dies in Nashville, Tennessee at the age of 77.
- Gogglebox wins Rose d'Or TV award Thu, 18 Sep 2014 08:41:53 GMT
- Channel 4's Gogglebox and BBC game show Pointless are among the British winners at the Rose d'Or international TV awards in Berlin.
- Murder 'comes naturally' to chimps Thu, 18 Sep 2014 07:43:17 GMT
- A major international study finds that killings among chimpanzees result from normal competition, not human interference.
- Europeans drawn from three 'tribes' Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:46:29 GMT
- Most present-day Europeans are a mixture of three ancient populations, according to a major study published in the journal Nature.
- Syria infant deaths 'due to mix-up' Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:17:13 GMT
- Medics in rebel-held Syria accidentally gave a muscle relaxant to up to 75 children instead of a measles vaccine, killing 15, the opposition says.