"I am sure of this, that by going much alone a man will get more of a noble courage in thought and word than from all the wisdom that is in books."
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-82) American writer, philosopher, poet, essayist
- Canada parliament sits after attacks Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:10:43 GMT
- The parliament in Ottawa returns to work the day after a gunman rampaged through its corridors before being shot dead by the sergeant-at-arms.
- Nato jets 'intercept Russian plane' Thu, 23 Oct 2014 08:08:21 GMT
- Nato warplanes have intercepted a Russian spy plane over the Baltic Sea, the alliance says, amid heightened tensions between the West and Russia.
- Boko Haram 'abducts more women' Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:03:02 GMT
- Dozens of women and girls have been abducted from two villages in north-eastern Nigeria by suspected militants despite a reported truce, residents say.
- Injured Schumacher makes 'progress' Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:26:15 GMT
- A doctor who treated Michael Schumacher for nearly six months after his brain injury in a skiing accident says the F1 champion has made "some progress".
- Mystery of giant arm dinosaur solved Thu, 23 Oct 2014 00:31:16 GMT
- Two dinosaur skeletons have been unearthed in Mongolia, solving a mystery that has baffled palaeontologists for 50 years.
- Japan court backs pregnant woman Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:59:21 GMT
- Japan's Supreme Court backs a woman who unsuccessfully sued her employer following a demotion due to her pregnancy.
- US-led Syria strikes 'kill hundreds' Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:12:04 GMT
- US-led air strikes against Islamic State (IS) militants in Syria have killed 553 people since September, including 464 IS fighters, activists say.
- Netanyahu blames Abbas over attack Thu, 23 Oct 2014 08:14:37 GMT
- Israeli leader Benjamin Netanyahu has accused the Palestinian president of incitement, after an attack which killed a baby in Jerusalem.
- White House fence jumper arrested Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:08:04 GMT
- A man who jumped the White House fence was attacked by dogs before being arrested, in the latest security incident at the US president's official home.
- Japan minister in sex bar funds row Thu, 23 Oct 2014 07:51:04 GMT
- Japan's new trade minister Yoichi Miyazawa is forced to defend himself after it emerged support staff spent office money at a sex club.
- Air chiefs quit over Total boss death Thu, 23 Oct 2014 09:32:18 GMT
- The chief executive of Russia's Vnukovo airport and his deputy resign after a plane crash this week that killed the head of France's Total, Christophe de Margerie.
- EU eyes new green energy targets Thu, 23 Oct 2014 13:48:32 GMT
- An EU summit gets under way shortly in Brussels seeking agreement on carbon emission cuts that could make Europe a global leader again in climate policy.
- VIDEO: Future-gazing at TechCrunch London Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:41:54 GMT
- As the annual TechCrunch event for tech start ups comes to London for the first time, David Grossman goes to investigate.
- VIDEO: Louisiana's vanishing voodoo culture Thu, 23 Oct 2014 01:55:59 GMT
- The BBC Pop Up bureau explores the rich heritage of voodoo culture among the Cajun and Creole communities of Louisiana.
- VIDEO: Ukraine elections: 'We've had enough of looking east' Wed, 22 Oct 2014 23:43:28 GMT
- Ukrainians go to the polls this weekend in a key parliamentary election. The BBC's Steve Rosenberg is reporting from across the country.
Red Sandstone Student
October 24, 2014
Ski and Snowboard Club Vail
Vail Public Library's Community Room ,
October 25, 2014
Build a Scarecrow
October 26, 2014
October 27, 2014
Baby Story time
Vail Public Library,
October 28, 2014