- Russian aid convoy 'invades Ukraine' Fri, 22 Aug 2014 13:25:21 GMT
- Ukraine's President Poroshenko accuses Russia of a "flagrant violation of international law" after Russian humanitarian aid lorries crossed the border without permission.
- IS militants 'biggest threat' to US Fri, 22 Aug 2014 13:59:48 GMT
- Islamic State militants in Syria and Iraq are the most dangerous threat the US has faced in recent years, senior American officials warn.
- Gaza: Suspected informants executed Fri, 22 Aug 2014 11:49:31 GMT
- Hamas says 18 people suspected of collaborating with Israel have been executed, as two Palestinians are killed by Israeli air strikes on Gaza.
- Malaysia observes silence for MH17 Fri, 22 Aug 2014 08:53:56 GMT
- Malaysians observe a moment of silence following the arrival of the bodies of 20 victims of Flight MH17 which crashed in Ukraine in July.
- Syria death toll 'more than 191,000' Fri, 22 Aug 2014 14:11:28 GMT
- More than 191,000 people have been killed in the Syria conflict up to April, UN says.
- Rain hampers Japan landslide rescue Fri, 22 Aug 2014 11:05:13 GMT
- Heavy rain hampers rescue operations in Japan's Hiroshima prefecture where a landslide killed at least 39 people, with 51 still missing.
- Tour buses collide near Egypt resort Fri, 22 Aug 2014 06:29:21 GMT
- Two tourist buses collide near Sharm El-Sheikh in Egypt's Sinai peninsula, leaving 33 people dead and 41 injured, officials say.
- India's Kerala to ban alcohol sales Fri, 22 Aug 2014 04:57:34 GMT
- Authorities in the southern Indian state of Kerala outline plans to ban the sale and consumption of alcohol to tackle the state's drink problem.
- Senegal closes border over Ebola Fri, 22 Aug 2014 11:46:00 GMT
- Senegal closes its border with Guinea because of the deadly Ebola outbreak, despite WHO warnings that such measures are counter-productive.
- NSA and GCHQ agents 'leak Tor bugs' Fri, 22 Aug 2014 09:58:17 GMT
- The Tor Project says it believes some NSA and GCHQ agents are surreptitiously leaking it information to protect anonymity on the net.
- Four white lion cubs born in Germany Fri, 22 Aug 2014 12:23:40 GMT
- Four rare white lion cubs - three males and one female - are born at a circus on tour in eastern Germany.
- VIDEO: Gibraltar banishes troublesome monkeys Fri, 22 Aug 2014 05:19:17 GMT
- Gibraltar is planning to banish some of its Barbary macaque population which have become too cheeky or aggressive
- VIDEO: Venezuela to fingerprint shoppers Fri, 22 Aug 2014 09:21:32 GMT
- President Nicolas Maduro of Venezuela has announced a mandatory fingerprinting system in supermarkets to combat food shortages and smuggling.
- VIDEO: Russia ban bites Polish apple crop Fri, 22 Aug 2014 09:11:38 GMT
- Russian EU food sanctions hit just before the Polish apple crop harvests leaving farmers with a glut of unsold fruit.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Fri, 22 Aug 2014 12:44:43 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.