- Voting begins in Scottish referendum Thu, 18 Sep 2014 06:00:02 GMT
- People in Scotland begin voting on whether the country should stay in the UK or become an independent nation.
- Australia in 'beheading plot' raids Thu, 18 Sep 2014 08:05:17 GMT
- Police carry out anti-terror raids in Sydney sparked by intelligence that Islamic extremists were planning random killings in Australia.
- US House approves Obama Syria plan Wed, 17 Sep 2014 23:47:05 GMT
- The US House of Representatives approves President Barack Obama's plan to train and arm the moderate Syrian opposition taking on Islamic State.
- NFL rocked by new violence arrest Thu, 18 Sep 2014 01:41:31 GMT
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer is arrested on suspicion of domestic violence, police say, the latest such incident to rock the NFL.
- Argentina tries 'baby theft' doctors Thu, 18 Sep 2014 06:48:21 GMT
- Medical staff go on trial in Argentina charged with kidnapping babies born in captivity to left-wing prisoners during military rule.
- Ukraine president in key US visit Thu, 18 Sep 2014 05:44:43 GMT
- Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko is beginning a key visit to the US to seek further support to tackle what he describes as Russian aggression.
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has cancer Wed, 17 Sep 2014 22:14:02 GMT
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has been diagnosed with a "fairly aggressive" rare cancer, doctors treating him say.
- Still no suspects in Thailand murders Thu, 18 Sep 2014 06:15:52 GMT
- Police in Thailand say they have still not formally identified any suspects in the murder of British tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.
- Fiji coup leader ahead in poll Thu, 18 Sep 2014 03:47:30 GMT
- Fiji's former military leader, Frank Bainimarama, looks on course to win a majority in the first polls in the island nation in eight years.
- BBC team attacked in southern Russia Thu, 18 Sep 2014 06:09:08 GMT
- A BBC team has been attacked in southern Russia after investigating reports of Russian servicemen killed near the border with Ukraine.
- China set to sign key India deals Thu, 18 Sep 2014 05:32:32 GMT
- India and China are expected to sign key economic deals on the second day of a visit by Chinese President Xi Jinping to Delhi, as both sides try to reset a troubled relationship.
- Hiroshima artworks to go on show Thu, 18 Sep 2014 00:24:20 GMT
- Powerful and disturbing paintings by survivors of the 1945 atomic bomb in Hiroshima are to go on show outside Japan for the first time.
- VIDEO: China’s online shopping revolution Wed, 17 Sep 2014 23:52:53 GMT
- The Chinese internet giant Alibaba is set to raise billions on the US stock exchange and is expected to be one of the biggest share offerings in history.
- VIDEO: War ammo found in residential garage Wed, 17 Sep 2014 14:05:42 GMT
- Munitions and other artefacts from World War One and World War Two have been found during a raid on a residential garage in St Albans, Hertfordshire.
- VIDEO: Politician recovering after bin stunt Wed, 17 Sep 2014 14:10:43 GMT
- A politician has told Ukrainian TV he needs to recover "morally, physically and psychologically" after being dumped in a rubbish bin.