- Huge pro-EU rally grips Ukraine Sun, 08 Dec 2013 17:45:40 GMT
- Protesters in the Ukrainian capital Kiev topple a statue of Lenin as they call for closer EU ties and oppose a Russian-led customs union.
- Many world leaders to mourn Mandela Sun, 08 Dec 2013 18:10:47 GMT
- Some 60 heads of state and government are to attend the memorial service or state funeral of Nelson Mandela, South Africa announces.
- Thai opposition MPs pledge to resign Sun, 08 Dec 2013 11:22:47 GMT
- Thailand's opposition MPs are to resign en masse, officials say, after weeks of protests aimed at forcing out the government.
- S Korea expands air defence zone Sun, 08 Dec 2013 07:29:29 GMT
- South Korea expands its air defence zone after a similar announcement last month by China in an overlapping area raised regional tensions.
- Congress suffers Delhi poll setback Sun, 08 Dec 2013 16:13:25 GMT
- A surprise strong showing by a new anti-corruption party in India helps to topple the ruling Congress party in Delhi assembly elections.
- Egypt recovers ancient stolen statue Sun, 08 Dec 2013 16:17:35 GMT
- Egyptian police recover an ancient statue of Tutankhamun's sister and wife, stolen during unrest in August.
- UN inspectors visit Iran plant Sun, 08 Dec 2013 12:49:38 GMT
- Inspectors from the UN's nuclear agency visit the Arak heavy water production plant for the first time in more than two years.
- Missing Pakistanis appear in court Sat, 07 Dec 2013 23:58:34 GMT
- Fourteen prisoners alleged to have been held in secret and without charge by the Pakistani army appear before the Supreme Court in Islamabad.
- Venezuela local polls test Maduro Sun, 08 Dec 2013 14:31:21 GMT
- People in Venezuela have begun voting in municipal elections seen as a crucial test for President Nicolas Maduro.
- Three held over football fix claims Sun, 08 Dec 2013 15:39:47 GMT
- Three people are in police custody after ex-Portsmouth player Sam Sodje told an undercover reporter he had been involved in fixing games.
- Almodovar slams Spanish government Sun, 08 Dec 2013 10:03:11 GMT
- Spanish director Pedro Almodovar launches a scathing broadside at his homeland's government at this year's European Film Awards, calling it "deaf and insensitive" to the country's problems.
- India make changes after IOC demand Sun, 08 Dec 2013 13:03:57 GMT
- The Indian Olympic Association amends its constitution after a threat to its participation in the Olympic Games.
- Prince's South Pole race 'suspended' Sat, 07 Dec 2013 19:14:10 GMT
- Prince Harry and his fellow competitors will no longer race to the South Pole because of safety concerns, the charity Walking With The Wounded confirms.
- Ancient Welsh manuscript goes online Sun, 08 Dec 2013 14:18:08 GMT
- A 13th Century book containing one of the oldest Welsh poems ever written appears online for the first time.
- VIDEO: US gripped by winter storm Sun, 08 Dec 2013 05:32:40 GMT
- A deadly winter storm has left a trail of ice and snow across the United States.