- Thousands more join HK protests Tue, 30 Sep 2014 17:25:39 GMT
- Crowds of pro-democracy protesters grow in Hong Kong ahead of what organisers hope will be the largest protests so far on Wednesday - China's National Day.
- Kurds fight IS on Iraq-Syria border Tue, 30 Sep 2014 17:38:26 GMT
- Heavy fighting is reported on both sides of a key border crossing between Iraq and Syria, where Kurdish forces are battling Islamic State militants.
- Thousands of Ebola orphans 'shunned' Tue, 30 Sep 2014 12:42:57 GMT
- At least 3,700 children in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone who have lost parents to Ebola this year face being shunned, the UN says.
- Iran 'postpones' woman's execution Tue, 30 Sep 2014 16:53:37 GMT
- Iran is reported to have postponed the execution of Reyhaneh Jabbari, convicted of killing a man she said was trying to sexually abuse her.
- Microsoft unveils Windows 10 system Tue, 30 Sep 2014 17:46:32 GMT
- Microsoft announces the next version of its core operating system will be called Windows 10, and that it will reintroduce the Start Menu.
- Phelps 'arrested for drink driving' Tue, 30 Sep 2014 17:29:31 GMT
- US Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps has been arrested for driving under the influence, police in Baltimore, Maryland say.
- Afghans sign deal to keep US troops Tue, 30 Sep 2014 15:58:40 GMT
- The new Afghan government signs a security deal with American officials that will allow US troops to remain in the country beyond 2014.
- EU to keep Russia sanctions in place Tue, 30 Sep 2014 14:36:46 GMT
- The EU decides to keep sanctions on Russia in place, judging that Ukraine's peace deal is not fully effective.
- Catalans slow independence campaign Tue, 30 Sep 2014 15:48:54 GMT
- The government of Catalonia halts its referendum campaign following a court ruling but remains "determined" to hold the vote.
- White House security plan 'failed' Tue, 30 Sep 2014 16:03:03 GMT
- The director of the US Secret Service says its security plan was "not properly executed" when a man broke into the White House this month.
- Obama and Modi call for 'new agenda' Tue, 30 Sep 2014 17:32:03 GMT
- Indian PM Narendra Modi and US President Barack Obama call for a "new agenda" between their countries amid Mr Modi's two-day visit to the US.
- Muslim NFL player's 'prayer penalty' Tue, 30 Sep 2014 15:13:19 GMT
- US Kansas City Chiefs NFL player Husain Abdullah is penalised after celebrating a touchdown by sliding on his knees and praying.
- VIDEO: Gates 'optimistic' for Ebola sufferers Tue, 30 Sep 2014 17:27:37 GMT
- Microsoft founder Bill Gates has said he is "optimistic" about increasing the treatment capacity for Ebola in West Africa.
- VIDEO: 'I hid from boulders when volcano erupted' Tue, 30 Sep 2014 14:37:26 GMT
- A mountain guide who was on Mount Ontake when it erupted speaks about the moment it exploded without warning.
- VIDEO: Hot air balloon descends into cave Tue, 30 Sep 2014 05:23:10 GMT
- An Austrian balloon pilot has succeeded in taking a balloon deep underground.