- Israelis extend Gaza ceasefire Sat, 26 Jul 2014 17:43:22 GMT
- Israel extends a truce in Gaza until 21:00 GMT, but there is no response from Hamas and three mortars from Gaza hit Israel, the army says.
- US evacuates Libya embassy staff Sat, 26 Jul 2014 13:58:44 GMT
- The US temporarily evacuates staff from its embassy in the Libyan capital following clashes between rival militias, the state department says.
- Nigeria 'on red alert' over Ebola Sat, 26 Jul 2014 10:27:16 GMT
- Entries into Nigeria are placed on red alert after the authorities confirm the first death from the Ebola virus in the commercial capital Lagos.
- Russia lambasts new EU sanctions Sat, 26 Jul 2014 17:17:05 GMT
- Russia warns new EU sanctions against it over the Ukraine crisis will jeopardise security co-operation and the fight against terrorism.
- Pakistan climbers scale K2 summit Sat, 26 Jul 2014 11:56:27 GMT
- The world's second highest mountain, K2 - which lies in Pakistan - is successfully scaled by a team of Pakistani climbers for the first time.
- Second Air Algerie black box found Sat, 26 Jul 2014 16:05:41 GMT
- Search teams in Mali locate the second flight recorder on board Air Algerie flight AH5017, which crashed on Thursday killing 116 people.
- S Sudan food crisis 'world's worst' Sat, 26 Jul 2014 16:44:27 GMT
- South Sudan's food crisis is now the worst in the world, the UN Security Council warns, urging donor nations for urgent action.
- Isis 'may be on UN war crimes list' Sat, 26 Jul 2014 14:21:22 GMT
- Fighters from the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (Isis) may be added to a list of war crimes suspects in Syria, a UN investigator says.
- Pair arrested over FGM conspiracy Sat, 26 Jul 2014 16:08:48 GMT
- A man and a woman are arrested in London for conspiracy to commit female genital mutilation.
- Cancer blood test moves step closer Sat, 26 Jul 2014 11:12:29 GMT
- A British team of researchers has developed what might be a simple blood test for cancer, scientists from the University of Bradford say.
- Huge Commonwealth flotilla for Games Sat, 26 Jul 2014 14:32:55 GMT
- The largest flotilla ever seen on the River Clyde sails from Greenock to Glasgow as part of the city's Commonwealth Games celebrations.
- Nibali poised to win Tour de France Sat, 26 Jul 2014 15:39:11 GMT
- Tony Martin wins stage 20's individual time trial as Vincenzo Nibali moves closer to overall Tour de France victory.
- VIDEO: Thunderstorms on Air Algerie route Fri, 25 Jul 2014 16:00:19 GMT
- BBC Weather's Tomasz Schafernaker says there were thunderstorms in the area where Air Algerie flight AH5017 was flying before it crashed.
- VIDEO: Peru to auction ex-spy chief jewels Sat, 26 Jul 2014 02:38:07 GMT
- The Peruvian government is to sell dozens of gold watches and diamond-encrusted cufflinks seized from disgraced ex-spy chief Vladimiro Montesinos.
- VIDEO: Huge dust cloud covers Phoenix Sat, 26 Jul 2014 14:18:20 GMT
- A large dust storm has covered the Phoenix metropolitan area in Arizona, causing poor visibility and tough driving conditions.