- Malaysia urged to step up jet search Mon, 10 Mar 2014 13:50:26 GMT
- China urges Malaysia to "step up its efforts" in the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane that disappeared on Saturday.
- Syria rebels free kidnapped nuns Mon, 10 Mar 2014 10:55:30 GMT
- A group of Greek Orthodox nuns held for three months by rebels in Syria after being taken from their convent in Maaloula arrive back in Damascus.
- Pistorius sick as autopsy read Mon, 10 Mar 2014 12:56:03 GMT
- Oscar Pistorius is physically sick during his murder trial as he hears evidence from a post-mortem examination on his girlfriend's body.
- Bayern boss Hoeness in tax trial Mon, 10 Mar 2014 12:45:58 GMT
- Uli Hoeness, president of European football champions Bayern Munich, goes on trial accused of evading more than 3.5m euros (£2.9m) in tax.
- Ukraine 'lawlessness' angers Russia Mon, 10 Mar 2014 12:10:17 GMT
- Russia condemns "lawlessness" in eastern Ukraine and blames far-right militants for "conniving" with the Kiev authorities - a claim denied by Ukraine.
- 'Long-dead Mexico drug lord killed' Mon, 10 Mar 2014 03:22:11 GMT
- Officials in Michoacan, Mexico say that they have shot dead drug lord Nazario Moreno - The Craziest One - who was reported killed in 2010.
- El Salvador vote 'too close to call' Mon, 10 Mar 2014 09:38:41 GMT
- Electoral authorities in El Salvador say with the preliminary count finished in the presidential election the poll remains too close to call.
- Assad forces 'starving' refugee camp Mon, 10 Mar 2014 00:06:07 GMT
- Starvation of civilians is being used as a weapon of war by Syria, Amnesty International says, with 128 dying as a result in Yarmouk camp in Damascus.
- Asian markets tumble on weak data Mon, 10 Mar 2014 12:18:25 GMT
- Asian shares fall after both China and Japan released disappointing economic data, worrying investors about a slowdown in the region.
- New threat to ozone layer identified Sun, 09 Mar 2014 18:09:01 GMT
- Scientists identify four new man-made gases that are contributing to the depletion of the ozone layer.
- Man 'used drone to smuggle drugs' Mon, 10 Mar 2014 09:40:03 GMT
- A man is arrested and charged for allegedly attempting to smuggle drugs into a prison using a drone, Australian police say.
- Kim Jong-un in 'unanimous poll win' Mon, 10 Mar 2014 10:35:34 GMT
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is elected to the country's rubber-stamp parliament with a unanimous vote from his district, state media say.
- VIDEO: Many hurt in US school stage collapse Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:56:11 GMT
- A stage at a southern California high school collapses during a performance, sending 25 students to hospital with minor injuries.
- VIDEO: Intense media interest in missing plane Mon, 10 Mar 2014 13:47:13 GMT
- The international media and relatives wait for news as the search for the missing plane continues for a third day.
- VIDEO: Smartphones meet polaroid at SXSW Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:30:04 GMT
- Inventors at the South by Southwest festival show how to print smartphone photos onto old Polaroid film.