Vail Public Library
Internet Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy
Access to the Service
The Service is a free public service provided by Vail Public Library. Your access to the Service is completely at the discretion of Vail Public Library, and your access to the Service may be blocked, suspended, or terminated at any time for any reason including, but not limited to, violation of this Agreement, actions that may lead to liability for Vail Public Library or its owners, disruption of access to other Users or networks, and violation of applicable laws or regulations. Vail Public Library may revise this Agreement at any time. You must accept this Agreement each time you use the Service and it is your responsibility to review it for any changes each time.
Acceptable Use of the Service
Vail Public Library supports the free flow of information and ideas over the Internet. Your access to the Service is conditioned on legal and appropriate use of the Service. Your use of the Service and any activities conducted online through the Service shall not violate any applicable law or regulation or the rights of Town of Vail Public Library, or any third party.
Unacceptable Use of the Service
Engaging in unacceptable uses of the library’s Internet resources will result in a loss of access to Internet resources and library privileges.
It is not acceptable to use Vail Public Library’s electronic resources for illegal or criminal use.
- It is not acceptable to use library workstations to view obscene material.
- It is not acceptable to violate legal protections provided by copyright and licenses to program or data.
- It is not acceptable to use library resources to seek to infiltrate a computer or computing system and/or damage or alter software or hardware components of a local or remote computer or computing system.
- It is not acceptable to seek information, obtain copies of, or modify files, or other data, or passwords belonging to other users.
- Users shall not represent themselves as another user unless explicitly authorized to do so by that user.
- It is not acceptable to falsify one’s age to gain access to Internet sites.
- It is not acceptable to use library Internet workstations beyond the time limits established by library staff.
- It is not acceptable to use library workstations to send intimidating, sexually offensive, or harassing messages.
Access by Minors
Computers equipped with filters are available in our children’s area for use by minors. Vail Public Library believes that the viewing activity of minors is ultimately the responsibility of the parents and/or legal guardians.